A potent Super Full Moon in Capricorn… Don’t worry, we’ve totally got this! Tonight’s Strawberry Full Moon in Capricorn is the final ‘super full moon’ of the 2021 Lunar calendar.
A Super Full Moon occurs when the Moon’s orbit decreases, causing the orbit to wrap tighter around the earth, so the moon is literally closer to us. Therefore, Luna (the moon) appears 7% larger in our sky, and 15% brighter than usual. And, most importantly, the Super Full Moon energy is far more potent.
The human body is made up of 60% water, so if you consider how the ocean tides follow the moon’s gravitational pull, you will understand how this affects the human body in the same way.
Us, earthlings, tend to feel ‘side effects’ from the Full Moon, some may feel it in more extreme ways than others. During a Super Full Moon, these ‘side effects’ are exceptionally heightened.
You may experience:
- Interrupted sleeping patterns (for some this means difficulty sleeping/staying asleep, for others, it causes extreme fatigue)
- Muscle aches and pains
- Emotional Imbalance
- Extreme Thirst (the thirst is real!)
- and many more!
Written in the stars( -signs)
Capricorn, an earth sign, is grounded and strong headed. The sign of ambition and hard work.
We also have emotional Cancerian energy attached to this Full Moon, as we are currently in cancer season. Cancer, a water sign who is ruled by the Moon, is home and family orientated. The sign of care and nurture.
Combining these sign’s energies together for this Full Moon, we are urged to take a hard look at our inner child and our out-dated belief systems that have been passed down through generations.
What can I learn from this Full Moon?
There is no better time to directly focus our intentions and meditations on breaking old behaviours and patterns that no longer serve us. Using tonight’s Super Full Moon energy to help us move propel into healing and realising our new direction.
Dig deep, it may be uncomfortable, but this is a great time to reflect and shine light on our shadow’s traits and philosophies.
Affirmations to support your intentions and meditation:
- Today, I call in and connect with the energy of the Sea Goat (Capricorn) and the Crab (Cancer) to help me recognise old behavioural patterns that no longer serve me.
- I am my own person, I lead this life and I set my own expectations, for myself and others. I no longer comply to old societal or generational beliefs to influence my way of life or thinking.
- I welcome my inner child to rise and help me see the way forward with new, exciting boundaries and expectations.
written by Sian Saunders