Happy summer solstice - today marks the first day of summer!
When is the Summer Solstice?
In the northern hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs in June which marks the longest day of the year and the first day of summer. In summary, the solstice marks when the sun appears to be the highest and lowest point in the sky throughout the year and helps determine the seasons.
Why is Summer Solstice Important?
For many years, the sun has been a time keep for humans. This astronomical event has been significant across cultures around the world and celebrated through rituals, festivals and more. Overall the solstice is an extremely powerful moment in the year as the sun has completed its cycle of growth. Below we have listed a few reasons on how to harness the light and its energy within your life.
Manifest positive change
- Write down a list of what you are grateful for
- Manifest positive change by going outside and connecting with nature
- Make a list of what you want to achieve
- Create a list of your achievements and celebrate the hard work you have achieved
Find time for yourself
- Meditate outside
- Exercise and movement outdoors can help you harness the solstice energy
- Meet up with your loved ones and celebrate the first day of summer
Charge your crystals
It is important to charge your crystals periodically - part of charging your crystal is to get rid of any accumulated negative energy. Charge its energetic slate during this astronomical event.
LiveWell Celebrates Summer Solstice - Summer Collection 2022
LiveWell has put together a collection to celebrate the summer season. It has everything you need from soothing balms to a selection of grow-your-own kits! Check out the Summer Collection here.
Here are a few products featured in our collection.
- 52-week journal
- Printed with eco-friendly paper
- Size A5
This Guide Journal by Note and Shine is perfect for journaling beginners! This journal comes with weekly prompts to help you look back on your week and helps you to write gratitude notes and set wellbeing goals!
- 100% natural ingredients
- Blended with organic essential oil
- Provides great protection and moisturises lips, hands, elbows, and all skin areas!
All-purpose natural balm sustainably made from surplus fruit ingredients, in a recycled aluminium tube, reducing was and plastic!
Rooted in the principles of Chinese medicine, ear seeds are a natural, effective, and side-effect-free product that may support a broad spectrum of health concerns including anxiety, stress, sleep, fatigue, headaches, digestion, immunity, focus and more.